This week was eventful because we are getting so close to the due date. This is the final picture of me standing all alone in a picture. Its not that fun anymore. Who decided it was cool to take a picture of yourself every month and watch yourself get fat. It was all fun and games till you are wearing the same outfit in every picture and really are starting to getting fat....now.... not so fun guys! It was my last day of work on Friday, in this picture!
There is one thing to look forward to during the work week and that is the Friday lunch with the wives. We pick a different location every week and take an hour lunch to just talk and discover new restaurants. It has been so fun. I got to pick this last Friday and so here we are at Pamela's. I'm really going to miss always seeing and talking with these girls. Hopefully me and my sidekick will be invited to one in a few months.
I do need to give a shout out for the amazing man that I have been working for this last few months....Dr. Rescher. Here is a link to his Wikipedia website. This is a picture of all of the books he has published. A lot of these are in different languages. He is fluent in 5 languages, has received 8 honorary degrees and was teaching philosophy at Princeton at age 24.
He grew up in a country and age were your secretary was basically your wife. She scheduled doctor apts., travel plans, typed up your agenda and material for class and/or every article or book written. But he also had genuine respect for me and my position. He asked my opinion and made me feel just as important as anyone else who came into the office. I learned a lot on a professional and personal level from him and can't thank him enough. I became face to face acquaintances with the chancellor and provost of the university in the last few weeks. They are an extremely big deal on campus and now say hi to me as I pass them!

Anyways I couldn't have asked for a better job or boss for the last few months of pregnancy. And I was very sad to leave.
On a happier note...I GOT A PIANO!!!!!!!!!! I know! I have been on cloud 9. And the best part....it was free! Well we had rent a Lowe's truck to get it to our house (thank you for everyone who helped-it wasn't exactly light weight), but it was a steal of a deal! It sounds horribly out of tune and I don't even care. I can't help smiling every time I play it. It is in serious need of some TLC/tuning this week though!
I also watched my first soap box derby this weekend!
Well I have some serious cleaning plans for this week. I'm ready for this baby to come. I think we found our stroller which was the last remaining thing to get. Dev and I test-drove the strollers at Babies R Us Saturday........Dwight Schrete style. I really hope we didn't break anything but we think we have found a winner. And after way too many hours of reading books and going to classes, I'm as ready as I'll ever be for labor, nursing and the first few months! I have also finished a lot of the projects I had on my list, which is a miracle and very satisfying. I was dilated to a 1-2 at my last apt and I can't wait till my mom comes!!!!!!! Devin's school has been picking up sadly. He has a test or quiz 4 of the 5 days each week now and that means about 5+ hours of study AFTER school for each. I barely see him except Saturdays but he is doing pretty good in school.
No comments:
Post a Comment