Sunday, May 17

Pittsburgh camping!

We had a really fun weekend. I convinced Dev that school can be put off for one more weekend and we went camping with a few friends. It was really fun! Camping in Pittsburgh is different compared to camping in Idaho. On our drive to the campsite Elardo finally found a street sign with my name on it. So here is the 8 month prego picture next to my name!

The food was great. Here we are having foiled dinners with banana boats (you stuff marshmallows and choc chips/candy bars inside the peel of a banana and wrap it in foil to cook for 20 minutes).

Camping is not the same now without a hammock! Although it sure took us a while to figure out how to stay on the thing. I couldn't find my balance for the life of me. Those extra pounds mess with your mind sometimes! There are so many raccoons here, it was unbelievable. They are pretty harmless and besides eating some of our meat during some games, (I hope it gets food poisoning) they weren't too disturbing!


We were joined this trip with our 3 little K-9 friends. And although we were at a pet friendly camping spot the lake was prejudice. And......we took them anyways!

It was beautiful.

We made it just in time for our biker friends to ride through. They were on a charity drive through PA. We also played a great game of ultimate Frisbee with some strangers.

Then we made it home in time to finish up painting the basement (fine....Dev did that while I took a nap!) and go to PF Changs with some friends. I can count on one hand the number of times we have ate out here, so it was quite the treat! Those lettuce wraps are just to die for! This last week, I think I have been feeling some small brackston hicks, I bought 1000 wipes, and finished a book of folder fun for future sacraments. Dev broke someone's rib playing basketball, was given a really great compliment by one of his teachers and he is loving the actual dental work more and more. Another fun and exciting week!

post signature

No comments: