Sunday, May 10

Another week closer

We came back a little early from our trip so that we can get some house projects started. The sweet / slightly crazy old woman that lived in the house before us decided to duck-tape all the tiles that were coming up in the basement. We are finding duck-tape all over our house! We tour up all of the ugly tiles in our basement and are going to paint and seal off the basement, garage, porch and deck. Hopefully that will solve some water issues we have been having and will make the deck and porch a little more safe and secluded. We rented a jack hammer and after about 12 hours of pounding and scrapping (mostly Devin), we finished. We were both so sore and tired the next day! One of those projects that ends up being twice as hard as you thought it would be but we had a deadline with the jackhammer!
We had a lot of fun at the Warners for a Branch BBQ this weekend. Great food. The Tearlinks brought the golfball game and after a few tries, I got a good picture of the kids screaming "Cheese" for the camera.

And I owe a HUGE thanks to a lot of sweet friends for a baby shower this weekend. It is so nice to have such supportive friends out here!


I am feeling pretty good. I can't complain for being this 32 weeks. She has obviously found a comfortable position in my stomache because she has remained there, kicking in the same spot for over a month now. I will have all of my stretch marks on one side.....great! She knocks the wind out of me sometimes and has found my ribs. She gets the hiccups about once a day. I am starting to show some swelling lines when I wear socks and shoes but nothing to make me uncomfortable. I still love my work and will be going part-time come june and then be done a few days before I'm due. If my water breaks at that office I will be mortified! I am struggling at nights. I wake up to go to the bathroom and eat about 4 times a night and am wide awake at 5 every morning no matter when I got to bed. I am out of control with mother goals and projects right now. My nesting has come in forms of organization and projects (not cleaning to Dev's disappointment!). One of my goals was to master making bread and chocolate chip cookies. I know, I thought that would be easy until I started venturing out and making different kinds! It's hard to find a good one! Anyways, I've been working on that and trying to get this diaper bag sewed and finished in time.
Devin has started school and is bracing himself for a hard sememster. 8-4 or 5 everyday of straight classes. And studying for each class takes twice as long as undergrad so he is in for some long nights and stressful weekends. On top of that the baby is due right before finals. He has been so patient with me and my quarks.....tying my shoes, pushing me out and up from the couch, my unintentional need to go to the bathroom everytime I sit in a car.....etc.
We are doing great though and are getting excited for this baby to come.

post signature

No comments: