Saturday, July 4

Best Independence Day Ever!


I started contractions Wed night. They were 3 to 5 minutes apart for about 24 hours but nothing that was painful enough to go to the hospital. Then they intensified for the next 24 hours and were around 5 minutes but were not consistent. I called in to get checked and I was a 4 and 80 percent effaced by then. So I figured I would have one more good dinner and good nights sleep and then go in the next morning for augmentation. But that night they started intensifying so we went in around 10 pm. They hooked me up with some petocin at 11 and broke my water around 4. The contraction really started then and I got my epidural soon after. It deadened everything but my stomach so I was still feeling the contractions. So they gave me double the dose and I was in heaven! She was born after about 45 minutes of pushing at 6:40 am on the 4th of July.

She weighed 8 lbs and 5 oz and is 21 inches long. She came out with a lot of black hair kind of like me when I was a baby but I think she looks a lot like Dev. She has been the best baby. Just stares at me and looks around the room. I have been in heaven the last 24 hours! This has been such an amazing miracle and I'm just having a party at the hospital with her.

We went to some of the sites around pittsburgh with my mom while we were waiting for my contractions to get stronger but they got really strong and one my facial expressions was caught on camera and Devin decided to show us what he would look like if he had a contraction.

We went to the strip district, Permanti Brothers, Panera Bread, and Uncle Sams. We ran out of time to do a lot on our agenda but here are some fun pictures. We walked about 10 miles in 48 hours and we figured out that I have a built in shelf for my cell phone!


I am sorry that I haven't got back to anyone. I am still exhausted but recovering. We are so grateful for her health!

post signature

No comments: