Birthday BUNKO night! We had so much fun! We were kind of re-learning as we went but it was a hit and we will definately be having another bunko night!
The Head Table (plus Nicole):
Lower Table of Troopers:
Birthday Boy:
The Ultimate Winner:
So the super bowl was kind of a win - win situation for me. I was secretly cheering for both teams. After the game was over the streets went wild! I look awkward.......I was a little scared ok?!!!!
People were playing any instrument they owned, setting their car alarms off, screaming and setting of fireworks. There were riots all over the city. We walked a few blocks and saw this:
Right after the video, an attack dog came that looked like it could and would like to kill me, a helicopter that kept spotlighting us, and yes....even a squat truck came barraling through as we turned the corner to go home! I witnessed more alcohol, fist fighting, and violence than I ever had in my life! They are still out of control. We counted 25 steeler posters in the windows of this house yesterday. The posters weren't small.
We have also found some pretty good deals for the nursery. It was quite the decision for the bedding because it decided the whole room basically, but we finally decided on the following:

One of our weaknesses is Big Lots! We found a cute little changing table....

for 60$. I knew it was a good deal but then I went home to look up what the retail price was. I could only find a price at find.com and it was over 300 for the table and 100 for the hutch.
To me the only other big purchase I feel like we need it a rocking chair. Here is the problem....well, first take a look at the beauty and try to imagine its breath taking comfort:

The rocking chair is really important to me because it will be where I probably spend most of my time (I won't be spending it in the crib or at the changing table nearly as much as I will be nursing, rocking and putting it to sleep). I want to make a lot of memories singing and reading to my kids in it and it will probably be where I am the most frustrated!
The problem is that the chair is 399$ and the ottoman is 150$. I don't know how I do it but I have a real nak for choosing the most impossibly expensive items!
Anyways I still haven't figured out how I'm going to get that one, but don't worry, I am pretty determined! My craig's list find was the following pack and play......

120$ at Babies R Us and we paid 40$.
Thank goodness I'm working. I was so proud when I realized we haven't even spent half of my first check and have all of the major purchases that were important to us! I have discovered another blessing....Dev and I agree on almost everything when it comes to this baby and spending money. I was surprised to find out that Devin is really opinionated but we like to save and spend in the same areas. Thank goodness!
No comments:
Post a Comment