Wednesday, January 28

Quarter of a Century, Projects and Cookies!


Well Dev is 25! He had some really hard test this week and one on his birthday....poor guy! He has been studying SO MUCH LATELY. It has been really bad cause I didn't have work this week (Bored out of my mind!!!)and of course this week is going by so slowly (we find out the sex of the baby Saturday)! He did asked for some pretty random item for his birthday but I was excited for one of them! Hair clippers! It was quite the experience the first and last time I tried cutting his hair. I guess I'm not as good as his high school friends are! Anyways now I can get better on my kids and Dev can cut his own hair! Thank you for all of the birthday wishes. And thanks Grandma Shaw for the birthday dinner!

I have been a Craig's List fanatic lately! The deals are just too good to pass up. I am working on a changing table and or dresser right now. Here are the item that we already have for the baby....I have spent 0 dollars thanks to some really nice friends and one acquaintance! (I'm out of control)




Dear baby,
I dedicate the amazing deals I will get to you!

I have been working on and finished the FHE project. Great, 1 down and 10 to go! I am really proud of it though. I have about 100 to 200 FHE lessons named, filed and ready to go! Why do I have that on the to do list right now? Well I have lessons from 18 months to 18 years old and some of them are really helping me out with my nursery.


I tried to take the picture by myself.....I struggled, but I figured that this is better than nothing. Its still too early to have a bump with normal clothes on but I officially have a bump and a stranger asked me if I was pregnant the other day! It is bigger at nights....is that normal?


Finally I have to post about the most amazing cookies I have ever tasted. I'm serious. They were to die for and I swear it is not just because I'm pregnant.

Collins' Cookies (I had to convince them for their "secret family recipe"):
2 cups of sugar
1 1/3 cup Crisco (probably why they were so good!)
1 cup brown sugar
4 eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
4 cups flour
2 cups of chocolate chips (they put 1 of chocolate and one of butterscotch)

*Preheat oven to 350
*Cream the Crisco, both sugars, eggs, and vanilla in mixer until smooth consistency.
*In separate bowl, combine the salt, baking soda, and flour.
*Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture in mixer
(Sometimes you need a little more flour if batter is too runny)
*Then add the chocolate chips, or whatever baking chips you like.
*Bake 10-12 minutes (don't over bake, should be a little doughy in middle - not as delicious if not!) then cool on cooling rack.
Enjoy!!!!

No comments: