Friday, June 20

Life has been busy lately and uphill finally. For those of you who didn't know, I've been going through some health issues lately. First off, I need to thank everyone for all of the prayers. I can't tell you how much it meant. After testing and testing they finally concluded that my body was deteriorating from stress. WHAT? I know, I am still having a hard time grasping it. Now those of you who know me well know that I've never had problems with this before. I feel like I was a lot more stressed in highschool than I am right now. That is why it is so frustrating. Why now? I have learned a lot from this though. I want to challenge everyone who reads this to eat one more fruit or vegi today instead of a fatty food.
My dad is the most amazing man I know. He has dealt with a lot in his life and has provided his family with nothing but the best. I love my father to death, but I'm afraid (if worrying and stress is the conclusion) I know where this condition came from. Handling a physical problem is easy...controlling something so unconscious and mental as worrying (even for a few minutes) is really really hard. I'm just glad that we can figure this out before we move to Pitt. Devin has been so supportive and caring. I'm excited to do the same for him in a few months when the stress of life will start falling on him.
Okay, enough of the serious updates. Dev and I made an offer on that cute little house and the seller signed!! I posted pictures of the house last post. The inspections are today. I'm so excited!!!
Dev and I travelled over to Boise the famous Eagle Fun Days. What is Eagle Fun Days?There are cute little shops everywhere and amazing food and BBQ stands. The parade has two parts. The first part is the dry section and the second is the wet section. When you see the wet sign, the women and cameras retreat back and the children and men take over. The second section of the parade is the world's largest water fight. Fire truck after fire truck drive by thousands of people and just unleash an unbelievable amount of water! The fire trucks always win of course but every year the town gets stronger and stronger. Our friends brought 6 big trash cans and filled them with water and ice for the fight. Every child has a water gun. This picture loaded pretty small but it is a dump truck with the Eagle lacrose team and their water guns.

After that we traveled with my family up to island park, joining Dev's family for a weekend in island park. Dev's cabin has got to be the most peaceful place in the world!! Is is right on the north fork, one of the world's most famous fly fishing rivers. My dad was in heaven. We actually gave this trip to my dad last father's day. I need to thank the Gneitings for making the trip so fun. They put so much effort and time in for my family and I.
There is a picture of Devin with the boys on the dock.

Here is a picture of Dev and I at Old Faithful. We toured Yellowstone, partook of the heavenly fudge in west Yellowstone, and earned some money spotting different animals. If you ever get the chance, ask Devin if there are any mountain goats in Yellowstone! Dev lost a dollar for that one!

If you are wondering why these pictures are such bad quality, it is because we forgot our camera battery in Eagle. My phone camera will have to do for now. So more pictures are to come!

No comments: